Side opening containers are a bit different from other types, in that they open from the side rather than one end. This poses many benefits, not the least of which is ease of transferring lengthwise items and cargo such as vehicles. Here at Container King, for example, we offer a 40 Ft High Cube Open Side Container, among a wide variety of other sizes.
Features of Side Opening Containers
Side opening shipping containers typically feature the following:
- High-quality steel construction for durability and versatility
- Water-sealing on all doors to keep everything inside dry- and vermin-free
- Solid, marine-quality timber floors
- Standard doors that can open the full 270 degrees
- Large side doors for easier access and loading large items
Upon request, our team is also able to provide installation of:
- Container ramps for easy loading
- Heavy-duty shelves for goods storage
- Security lock boxes
- Air vents to prevent condensation
Basically, whatever accessory you need, we can install it on our side opening containers.
Benefits of Side Opening Shipping Containers
Check out these five benefits of side opening shipping containers:
- Easy loading and offloading – Side opening containers provide easy access for loading and offloading goods, especially in instances where a forklift or pallet truck is being utilized. The forklift or truck can drive in, then place and stack the goods with little effort.
- Better access to stored items – With a back-to-front loading style, it’s nearly impossible to access goods that were loaded first. You would have to remove front items to get to them, which wastes a lot of time. However, with a side opening container, goods that were loaded first don’t have to be offloaded last, which means it’s much easier to retrieve items quickly and efficiently.
- Better utilization of the container – Side doors improve the functionality of the shipping container because it can be divided into two or more parts. This is ideal when you want your container to serve as multiple cafes, shops or offices.
- Access for extra-large items – Side opening shipping containers featuring larger doors provide adequate room for extra-large cargo that simply can’t fit through regular doors. Thus, you are able to add more items than you normally would.
- Conversions – You can turn side opening containers into anything from homes and sheds to offices and pop-up shops. You can even install more aesthetically-pleasing doors, like sliding glass doors or a roller door.
Bottom line is, side opening containers have much more versatility than traditional types. Consequently, you can use them for a variety of purposes, such as for more efficient storage and transportation.
Contact Container King
To learn more about our side opening containers or any other type we sell or rent, contact us now or fill out our online form.